Terms and Conditions
Effective January 15, 2015
INFORMATION CMN COLLECTS
CMN collects information from you in several different ways on the Websites, including:
1. Information you provide to CMN or give CMN permission to obtain.
CMN collects information you provide directly to CMN, such as your name, email address, telephone number, address and any other information you may provide CMN. For example, when you provide CMN your name and email address to sign up to receive our emails, participate in a sweepstakes, register for an event, or otherwise, CMN collects that information which you voluntarily provided to CMN.
You may also permit CMN to access your information on third party social media sites by linking your social media account to the Websites, thus allowing CMN to obtain information from your social media account. The nature of that information generally depends on your social media account settings or the privacy policies of those third party social media sites.
2. Information CMN collects automatically.
CMN automatically collects certain information when you access the Websites or transact business with CMN, including:
- Registration / Transaction Information: When you register for an event, CMN collects information about your registration / transaction, including, but not limited to, the date and time of the registration.
- Log Data: When you access the Websites, CMN servers automatically record certain data (“Log Data”). Log Data collected includes, but is not be limited to, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, characteristics of your device and software, domain names of your Internet Service Provider, your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of the Websites, the time of your usage, the referring link through which you accessed the Websites and aggregated personal data that cannot be used to identify you specifically.
- Device Data: CMN may also collect information about the device you use to access the Websites (“Device Data”), including what type of device you are using, its operating system, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether CMN collects some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone, Android or Blackberry. To learn more about what information your device makes available to CMN, please consult the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Information Collected by Cookies, Pixels, and other Tracking Technologies:
- Web beacons or tracking pixels are small blocks of code on webpages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage; they are often used in connection with cookies.
- CMN may combine this information with other information CMN collects about you and use it for various purposes, such as improving the Websites and your online experience, understanding which areas and features of the Websites are popular, counting visits, understanding campaign effectiveness, tailoring CMN’s communications with you, determining whether an email has been opened, which links within the email have been clicked and for other business purposes.
3. Information CMN collects from sponsors, partners, and other sources.
CMN may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information CMN collects about you. For example, CMN’s event sponsors may track visitors to their websites who clicked on a link in an email sent by CMN and they may share the aggregated data with CMN.
1. Internal Use:
CMN uses your personal information to process your registration / transaction and to provide you with the customer service CMN is known for. CMN uses your personal information to organize / administer events and for other promotional purposes.
2. Communications with You:
A. CMN uses your personal information to communicate with you about your registration / transaction, such as to send you a confirmation email when you register for an event and to send you updates related to that event or other events and information.
B. By registering for an event or otherwise providing CMN your contact information, you expressly agree that CMN may communicate with you, by email or otherwise, to: (i) provide you with updates and information relating to the event for which you registered; (ii) to promote events that differ from the one for which you originally registered, whether produced by CMN or one of CMN’s affiliates, sponsors, or partners; (iii) promote products, brands and/or services; (iv) provide CMN updates and information about CMN’s events; and (v) provide information about the Websites. CMN shall always permit you to opt-out or unsubscribe from emails. However, if you opt out of receiving emails, you might not get important information or changes to events, for which CMN assumes no responsibility.
CMN may share your information with CMN’s affiliates and business partners, including, but not limited to, third parties (e.g. sponsors, clients, customers, etc.) (“CMN Third Parties”). CMN Third Parties may use the information CMN gives them as described in their privacy policies. CMN does not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your specific personal information to anyone other than to CMN Third Parties, except in limited circumstances, such as:
- When vendors, consultants and other service providers need access to information to carry out work on CMN’s behalf or to help them perform their work;
- In response to requests from law enforcement officials conducting investigations, subpoenas, a court order, or if disclosure is in accordance with or otherwise required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If CMN believes that your actions are inconsistent with its policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of CMN and any third party;
- To provide your credit card information to financial entities (e.g. credit card processors);
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of CMN’s business to another company;
- If CMN believes that your actions contradict its policies and to protect CMN or another third-party’s rights and property;
- To share non-personal information, such as the number of visitors to the Websites, with third parties such as advertising partners or sponsors; or
- With your consent or at your discretion.
While CMN uses industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore CMN and each of its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, artists, artist management companies, and affiliated companies, suppliers, clients and any organizations responsible for sponsoring, producing, executing, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting any and all concerts, promotions, and events, and all of their respective past and present officers, members, directors, employees, agents, representatives, assigns and successors (collectively, the “Released Parties”), cannot guarantee complete security.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH A THIRD PARTY’S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT, OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER CMN WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with CMN, you can request a list of the personal information CMN has shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. CMN shall also provide you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year. To exercise your rights, you can email CMN at email@example.com or write to CMN at the address below. Mention in the correspondence that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. CMN shall respond within thirty (30) days.
The content of the Websites are not directed to children and, accordingly, CMN requests that all users be individuals over the age of thirteen (13). CMN does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you learn that your minor child has provided CMN with personal information without your consent, please contact CMN at firstname.lastname@example.org, and CMN shall remove the information from CMN’s systems.
STOPPING EMAILS FROM CMN
Each email from CMN contains an easy automated way for you to cease receiving email from CMN. If you wish to stop receiving emails from CMN follow the unsubscribe links at the end of any email.
Cárdenas Marketing Network, Inc.
1459 W. Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60642